Wind Turbines with Windy Boy Inverter - Point Power [RE-wrenches]

Hugh Piggott hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Sun Jun 27 03:07:47 PDT 2004

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today – APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqQbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Discover Card

At 6:46 PM -0700 26/6/04, Doug Pratt wrote:

>Yes Geoff, Power Point Systems of San Jose, CA is the North American
>licensee of Fortis wind plants from Holland. They've got a 1kW and a 6kW
>listed on the CEC eligible equipment list (beats me how).
>
>They've been courting me pretty hard, trying to get into the next
>edition of the Solar Living Sourcebook, and other RG publications.
>Finally tracked down their lineage thanks to Paul Gipe, who probably
>knows more about the world wind turbine scene than anyone. He didn't
>exactly give them a thumbs-down, but did say he wouldn't buy one.

Fortis is Johan Kuikman.  Do not deal with this man.  He used to be
LMW, sold that and founded Fortis making the same machines.  The nice
image on this web page http://www.fortiswindenergy.com/ actually
shows an LMW machine on Scoraig.  I took the photo.  You can learn
about the machine's history in brief highlights on my site at
http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/Scoraig/LMW.htm  I think I replaced the
blades about six times and the alternator maybe three times.  Untold
fatigue failures of the structure.  Basically it could not do 3.6kW
when hot but it thrashed itself to pieces trying.  Worked much better
when I had modified the tail to reduce the rpm but every now and then
they sent a couple of students up to 'study' it and they cranked it
back up to full speed and left before it auto-destructed again.

>Found this fairly scary website outa the UK.
http://www.galeforce.uk.com/Turbine%20warning.htm

That looks familiar :-)

On the subject of Galeforce and Fortis:

--
Hugh
Scoraig Wind Electric
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caaclxSbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm