small diesel generator [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Mon Jun 21 11:03:08 PDT 2004

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ExpertCity

Kurt and Tom,

What you guys are leaving out of the equation, and Hugh isn't, is that if
and WHEN your really cool inverter suffers a setback of some kind, you're
out of power if you use a DC generator. No two ways about it. (Unless you
keep a spare inverter in the closet)

Also, the ability to run directly from a DC generator to a DC inverter is a
moot point unless the loads you're running are = to the gen. output; forget
surge loads without a battery bank!

We have had direct experience with the Polar Power DC generators (that use
Lister/Petter engines) and found the charge controls to be virtually useless
(no temp. compensation) These are not your run of the mill, inexpensive sets
either.

The customer, who (fortunately) purchased the set directly from Polar has
been extremely unhappy with the entire arrangement and has expressed his
regret at having not gone for the AC set with a good charger.