Plasma TV on square-wave inverter [RE-wrenches]

Tom Elliot, Guffey Energy Works telliot at wagonmaker.com
Wed Jun 9 06:12:29 PDT 2004

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes – over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/UOP

Kelly,

>From what I understand Plasma TVs, especially very large ones (is there any
other kind?) suck tremendous amounts of energy, as high as 800 watts, and
put outa lot of heat.  What the heck kind of RV needs a 50 or 60 inch TV?
If they've got the money it is possible to buy LCD TVs as large as 32 inches
that consume magnitudes less power.

One other consideration is that plasma TV sets will not work at altitudes
greater than 6000 or 7000 feet so if they are planning on heading up to
Tahoe or Aspen in their RV they may have problems.  I have serious doubts
about trying to use one on an inverter at all (the battery requirements just
to watch a football game would be incredible) and especially on a cheap,
small square wave.

This sounds like someone with far more money than they need (editorial
comment)...

Tom