I am back, and a pleasent surprize. [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 06:54:20 PDT 2004

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ExpertCity

Hi all
I have been off line for almost 2 months, I am back.

I just finished a 5 stack (penta pack?) OutBack
system, in an area that has frequent short power
outages,  The system formally had a two SW 5548s and
very short battery life.  The system was expanded and
I needed to handle 25,000 watt surges and thus the
Outback inverters.

The surprise was the battery control.  The SWs would
with each outage, from seconds to hours go through a
complete recharge cycle.  The batteries were either
cooked or undercharged, I could not get the settings
correct.

With the OutBack system, the battery recharge is
varied with the amount of discharge.  I did not know
this until system commissioning.  I was putting the
system through several short and long deliberate
outages for test and discovered the recharge depended
upon the outage.   With less than 2 year battery life
in the previous system, I look forward to a happier
customer.

Maybe everyone knew this feature, but I am a little
slow sometimes.

Daryl

--- "Tom Elliot, Guffey Energy Works"

http://click.topica.com/caaciqXbz8QcsbAmYnBa/ExpertCity