SW has discovered lightning [RE-wrenches]

Frank Fowler cpae1 at direcway.com
Fri May 14 06:39:45 PDT 2004

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMVbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ ExpertCity

I have a grid-tied System with battery that was installed in 1999 and
has been glitch free since.  The client came home after a weekend away
and found no power in the residence.  There had been a bad storm in the
area while they were gone.  The system was well grounded and had Deltas
front and rear.  In any case, they cycled power to the SW and it took
right off with things apparently working normally.

Kurt,
I have had this happen many times with my inverter, and I like it that way.
Instead of burning my inverter up, it just shuts itself down. The only thing
I have done with my inverter that I suppose not is not kosher is not ground
the chasis to any ground whatsoever. It is like the inverter shuts off to
protect itself.

SUNcerely,
Frank Fowler
Crystal Pines Alternative Energy
4408 Pine Cluster Ln. Yankee Hill, CA. 95965
530-532-1972
www.solarenergy-alt.com
cpae1 at direcway.com
Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover
Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's
the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
customized with your corporate image!
http://click.topica.com/caaceBcbz8Qcsbea789a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Greetings all,

I have a grid-tied System with battery that was installed in 1999 and
has been glitch free since.  The client came home after a weekend away
and found no power in the residence.  There had been a bad storm in the
area while they were gone.  The system was well grounded and had Deltas
front and rear.  In any case, they cycled power to the SW and it took
right off with things apparently working normally.

Since then, however, there has been a couple other storms in the area,
and apparently all that needs to be present is a little rumble of
thunder and the SW shuts down.  Never happened like that it the past.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Kurt Nelson

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caaccMMbz8Qcsbea789f/ Sharebuilder

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com