Outback Inverters [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Mon Apr 12 18:15:26 PDT 2004

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab7pJbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Hi All,

I second Bob-O's comments.  I've got about the same in the field with the
same results!!

jay

Peltz Power

> Ray ETAL,
> Sorry to hear that. I've got 20 some FXs out in the field offgrid.
> Some are single, some parallel stacked, some series stacked (both
> classic and Outback stacking), and a quad set. No hiccups so far.
> (that sound you hear is me knocking on wood) I did change out a few
> boards for the early adopters (including my own) but even those were
> for service, not failure.
> On another note- Gee, ain't it refreshing to deal with an inverter
> company who is willing to tell us how it is - warts and all?
> Best, Bob-O
>
> >Ray (& wrenches),
> >
> >Sorry to hear of the problems you had with serial number #00037.  All of
> >the FXs below serial number #00100 had issues - we learned a lot from
> >these problems and appreciate your and others support from working with
> >us on these problems.  All of these original units (under SN 00100) will
> >be upgraded for free to the latest spec (we don't want them out there
> >operating any more... Please contact us about any of them!).
> >
> >As far as a realistic date for shipping of the grid-tie version of the
> >FXs - we have been shipping them for over a week now.  The quantities
> >are limited right now and we have a two month backlog we are working
> >against.  There are some limitations on the Grid-tie versions, as
> >follows:
> >
> >1. Only classic stacking of two units is available currently.  Multiple
> >pairs of inverters can be connected to the same battery/pv array/hub for
> >larger systems - but the limit for connection to a single AC load center
> >for backing up AC loads is one stacked pair only at this time - so for
> >larger systems, multiple AC load centers must be used for each pair of
> >inverters.  This problem is due to some unclear sections of the UL
> >standard's anti-islanding tests for multiple stacked inverter
> >arrangements.  We are trying to get this issue resolved - we pass the
> >all of the islanding test - just can't get an answer of how it has to be
> >done with our quad configuration.
> >
> >2. Because of item #1, the autotransformer trick to balance the 120/240
> >VAC loads on two inverters is not yet compatible with the grid-tie
> >system.  So you need to be careful with the balancing of the 120 VAC
> >loads on each inverter.
> >
> >3. The generator support feature (adding inverter's power to the
> >generator's output) is included but is defaulted to OFF and is not well
> >tested on a variety of generators yet. If you want to try it - just know
> >your going to be a guinea pig.
> >
> >4. The manual is still being worked on - so we have not posted it on the
> >website yet.  If you would like a copy of the current version - send me
> >an email directly.
> >
> >5. There is a new version of the MATE which is required for the grid-tie
> >versions.  This MATE includes the "ADVANCED GENERATOR START" system
> >which provides multiple genstart voltages & time delays, quiet times,
> [...]

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6Pibz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Val Rad
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm