Off-ideal Array Tilt Output [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Tue Apr 6 10:51:50 PDT 2004

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6PVbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Val Rad
William,

You brought up a very important issue. We get sloppy about calculating
system losses. The more accurate we get with estimates, the more we know
about where the power is going. My experience is that we generally
underestimate wire losses in low voltage systems and over estimate them in
higher voltage systems. That being said, we almost always underestimate
system losses in general.

Bill.

>The overall average wire losses should be about 75-80% of peak power
because
>for a typical system in the U.S. (except Alaska) 50% of energy is generated
>above 800 W/m^2 and 50% of energy is generated below 800 W/m^2.
>
>Bill.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

/wk

http://click.topica.com/caab6Pibz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Val Rad