Solar Space Heating Storage Tank Size [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Mon Mar 8 05:14:41 PST 2004

From: Travis Creswell

I used flat plates when an external heat changer was the only option.
They
simply put every other heat exchanger to shame in terms of efficiency.

Greetings Travis,

I use AAA Solar's (SEMCO) Quad-rod heat exchangers.  The flow
restriction on this HX is so low they can be used as a passive transfer,
side-arm heat exchanger in solar systems.  Or, if a pump is required,
the smallest El Sid will do the job.  They may be slightly less
efficient, most likely because they are double walled which is required
in some States when using glycol (or other chemicals) in the heat
transfer fluid.

Kurt Nelson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com