9300 Pressure system [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Fri Sep 10 17:28:24 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Greetings Fellow Wrenches,
  I am aware that the Shurflo 9300 is not designed for pressure
applications but I seem to recall hearing of success stories in the
past. Not sure how long the success has lasted so I'm looking for any
experience. Scrolling the manual results in no mention of it either
way. This is not a typical design configuration for us but we have a
customer that has standing water at 15' and already has possession of
the pump. With the 15' of lift and 40 PSI the head calculates to half
of what the pump is able to lift/ pressurize. Convincing him to go
with a ETA Mini has been unsuccessful due to his finances and the
Flowlight suspended in the well trick is not possible with a 6" well
casing at 8000' above sea level (sort of risky as well). I seem to
recall the problem pertaining to the constant pressure on the pump
being the main problem and thought that may be solved with a check
valve? At the same time that does not make a lot of sense since the
water line on my system still has water in it below 170' of drop even
a week after pumping. I'm waiting a call from Shurflo next week but
the woman I spoke to there briefly thought that this application
would work just fine, just looking for confirmation before I proceed
with this design.

  Any experiences?

Thanks and have a great weekend, Nick

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBEbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm