Setting the Record Straight [RE-wrenches]

Steve Fain sfain at unirac.com
Fri Sep 10 13:11:49 PDT 2004

Click here and walk away with your free Chevy collectible.
http://click.topica.com/caacDvMbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

      I wish to correct some on-list statements recently made about UniRac
products.

1- UniRac does not use imported aluminum extrusions from China. We use a
California extruder, exclusively.

2- UniRac uses stainless steel "plough" bolts on the base of our new
aluminum two-piece standoffs.  On some early prototypes and samples, we did
use "ferrous bolts", as they were more readily available.

3- UniRac makes custom, all-aluminum flashings designed to work seamlessly
with our standoffs. They are available in two sizes; standard, and one with
a large pliable base for use with Spanish tile.

4- Our new two-piece standoffs do not require the use of slip-joint pliers
to install. They are easily spun on with your fingers and tightened with the
bolt as you attach the footing to the top of the standoff.

5- Any problems that existed with module bolts "spinning in the channel" and
needing to be sawed off have been completely eliminated with UniRac's custom
module T-Bolt.

      UniRac encourages constructive criticism and debate because we're
always looking to improve our products and make it easier to mount PV.  I
would urge interested Wrenches to contact me anytime off-list for
discussion.

Steve Fain

Customer Service/ Tech Support

UniRac, Inc.

3201 University Blvd., S.E.

Ste. 110

Albuquerque, NM  87106

Ph:  505-242-6411 ext. 21

Fx:  505-242-6412

Email: customerservice at unirac.com

Web:     <http://www.unirac.com/> http://www.unirac.com

Do you love your country? Get a Free USA T SHIRT click here to
receive your gift.
http://click.topica.com/caacDvPbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm