NABCEP Board Meeting in SF [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, DragonSun Consulting ezra at lasqueti.net
Wed Sep 8 16:16:05 PDT 2004

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBFbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ChildrenInternational

Hello all,

I'm writing in response to Blair's posting about the NABCEP.  As
Chairperson of NABCEP I'm glad to hear that Blair is planning on attending
our open session on Monday October 18th.  I've always found that the feed
back we got during these sessions has proven to be valuable, useful, and
has helped to make the certification as credible as it is.

I'm also concerned about Blair feeling there are limited avenues to
communicate with the NABCEP board other than at meetings or through our
executive director, Pete Sheehan.  In addition to myself there are four
other NABCEP Board members or alternates on this list; Bob-O Shultz, Eric
Smiley, Don Loweberg, and Chris La Forge. Bob-O, Don and Chris specifically
represent the interests of Wrenches on the board. Please contact one of us
off line if for any reason you are not feeling heard in your efforts to
communi9cate with NABCEP.

On the lobbying and advocacy front I do want to mention that NABCEP is
explicity prohibited from these kind of activities by our non-profit
status.  Additionally we can not offer training or courses as it conflicts
with offering certifications.

Finally with respect to the point of keeping NABCEP from becoming a
beaurocracy I couldn't agree with Blair more.  The only way to keep NABCEP
aware, sensitive and responsive to Wrenches realities is if Wrenches
actively take part in serving on the Board.  Participation is a sure fired
way to affect the direction of an organization and for my two cents worth I
hope we keep a high proportion of Wrenches on this board.

All Wrenches should plan on volunteering at least some of their time to one
or another of the wonderful and useful advocay, certification or
educational groups who help support the PV industry.  If we all take our
turns the task is not onerous.

Best regards, and hope to see lots of Wrenches at our board meeting in SF.

Ezra Auerbach
Chairperson NABCEP

DragonSun Consulting
Morewater Road