ABB Type AB1 Meters for Net Metering [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Wed Apr 7 19:08:31 PDT 2004

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab7pJbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Thanks to all who responded to my general questions a few weeks back on net
metering policies.   I'm now looking for some more specific input on the
meters themselves, similar to what Bob Maynard was doing for disco switches:

Do any of you know of utilities using electromechanical, Type AB1, Form 2S,
kWh meters in grid tied installations?  Note: ABB sold their meter division
(at least the electromechanical portion) to Elster Electricity LLC a few
years ago, but I believe they're still the same meters.  These are the
meters used pretty extensively by our rural co-op.

I tried to get some applications help from Elster but to no avail.  I'm
looking for evidence that these meters are being used successfully by some
other utilities, running bi-directionally and adequately measuring net
totals.  Our co-op wants to charge $600-$700 for a Landis+Gyr four-quadrant
electronic meter, and I'm going to try to talk them out of it, if I can
show some evidence that the Type AB1's are working fine elsewhere.

Any input you know of regarding these meters and their uses will be very
helpful,

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey UT
www.re-solar.com

Sign up to get FREE information from leading colleges!
Compare degrees, admissions, financial aid and more.
Study your career education options at
Collegeinformation.info.
http://click.topica.com/caab6aibz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ College Info

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com