brain teaser, to much power [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Tue Dec 16 12:35:06 PST 2003

Daryl,
Try a high-voltage (or equivalent state-of-charge-based switching algorithm)
switch function, such as a simple switch, to a DC-coil AC power relay in a
j-box downstream or parallel to your AC distribution panel. The relay
controls those specific inverter circuits that you wish to use as AC dump
loads. Careful, though--if the AC load is much greater than the input
current you'll have a heckuva time avoiding short-cycling as the voltage
rises and falls. You may design whatever you wish into the initial switch
function--timer, A-hrs from full, phases of the moon, etc., according to
your needs and imagination. You might even look into Rick Cullen's
sophisticated load divert function in his new line of integrated MPPT
controllers, such as the 3024i (Blue Sky Energy, formerly RV Power
Products).

Allan at +E