Genwizard [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Dec 15 22:33:32 PST 2003

I agree with Jay - the Atkinson unit is pretty good... here is the link
for it -

http://www.atkinsonelectronics.com/product_pdfs/GSCM.pdf

I mostly now days try to talk customers/dealers out of doing 3-to-2 wire
adapters or even auto genstart entirely.  3-to-2 wire adapters open up a
lot of potential problems for the installer (along with liabilities).
Most do not have all of the safety circuitry a true 2 wire start
generator includes.

Autogenstart systems often results in much more generator hours being
accumilated since the operation of the generator is not always well
timed with the loads being powered - such as the gen starting on the
fifth load of laundry because the battery finally got low - when it
would have been better to have started it on the first load of laundry
and avoided the discharge cycle on the battery entirely.

Of course more complex automatic generator start control systems can be
used to reduce these kinds of problems - which happens to be what we are
working on currently (in addition to the grid-tie approval of course).

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com
Arlington WA USA
Tel 360 435 6030

jay peltz wrote:

> Hi Kirk,
>
> You might try the  ATkinson Electonics SGCM.  I haven't used it yet, but
> plan on if needed.
>
> Sure looks a LOT like the old genwiz with pretty much the same features.
>
> www.atkinsonelectronics.com
>

> Jay
>
> Peltz Power

- - - -