OutBack HBX mode [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 06:45:04 PDT 2003

Thanks I am getting closer.  but still a little
puzzeled. If I had two additional parts?

It seems to me that if I had a battery charger that
worked like the MX60 that I could take line power and
produce a stable float charge on the battery.  AS the
inverter needed more power the line would provide the
extra power and the batteries would still float.

A smart controller that could sense the amount of AE
that was available such as Randy Richmond's
“righthandeng at hotmail.com”
computer based systems. Which would sense a critical
source component such as load corrected voltage on PV
then switch to tell the inverter to turn on AC
transfer the load.

such when the alternative energy system (AE) has
available enough power to overcome the excess losses
of the inverter-charger system, about 10% of load, I
should have the Outback’s automatic AC transfer relay
transfer the load from the grid to the Outback which
would get its power from the AE and the grid through
the battery charger.  (the grid participates using the
smart battery charger to float the battery pack.)

When the AE drops below the 10% of load it is cheaper
to have the Automatic AC transfer switch transfer back
to grid.  If the AE exceeds the load, the excess is
wasted. So for houses with a large loads compared to
the AE the system is almost there.

Do I have the correct idea?
Daryl

--- Christopher Freitas  -  OutBack Power

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm