the S-5 solution to standing seam roofs? [RE-wrenches]

Bruce Geddes b.geddes at clear.net.nz
Sun Aug 10 16:49:05 PDT 2003

Hello Marco,
                     Sounds like you guys get all sorts of goodies we in
Kiwi land can only dream of.

The concern that strikes me first off is that of galvanic corrosion.  Being
in a country that experiences lots of coastal marine conditions, salt spray
can cause havoc with these dis-similar metal type of arrangements.  Any
stainless - aluminium contacts should be assembled with a corrosion
inhibitor and if you put ali onto a glavanised roof surface without real
good protection you are asking for trouble.

I am interested to see what the mechanical properties of this clamp are.

Cheers,
Bruce geddes
ARPT
New Zealand