Grundfos SQFlex with 3000' to float switch [RE-wrenches]

Brad Bassett bsbassett at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 21 16:01:31 PDT 2003

Eric,

Yes you can increase the distance to the float switch by increasing the
wire size. The 330ft limit is assuming the same wire size as the float
switch is made with. If it is assumed that the float switch uses # 18
wire, then to get the same voltage drop over 3000 ft you would have to
use # 8 wire. It may be that smaller wire would work, but am not sure. I
will try to get further info from Grundfos.

Brad

erics wrote:

> I have a customer that wants to use a Grundfos 6 SQF-2 to pump from one
> storage tank about 3000' and up 250' to another storage tank.
> My question is about the distance and a float switch conductor.
> Grundfos' CU200 float controller can only have a max. of 330' between
> float to controller.  Anyone done this for 3000'?  Can I increase wire
> size?

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm