Trilliant Breaker needed [RE-wrenches]

mlafferty at universalenergies.com mlafferty at universalenergies.com
Mon Jul 14 16:21:29 PDT 2003

Allan/Wrenches:

Allan Wrote:

> Has anyone a line on a 2P 15A? Or a 2P 20A, or even a 1P 20A for an
1800? I want to know if I can source a breaker before we offer a quote
on a grid-tie system.

I have only seen two Trilliant panels in my life and have never had to
do any work in them fortunately.  On your behalf I placed calls to two
breaker sources I have locally that would be most likely to have what
you are looking for if anybody does.  "Not a chance" was the reply....
With a laugh, I might add.  (One of them had two Secondary Surge
Suppressors that he said he would give me since they have been
collecting dust for 10 years.... They protect the entire panel in a
single-pole space!)

My initial recommendation instinct for this question was to
quote/recommend replacing the panel and breakers for the Owner's
benefit...They won't be able to add any circuits in the future if they
can't find breakers.  Also, if one of the existing breakers does go bad,
they will have to do that anyway.

It looks like that instinct was good and I will offer that
recommendation.

This question does raise the opportunity to ask a question of the
Inverter Manus that I have pondered for a couple of years....

How do you as a Manufacturer feel about potential warranty issues when
your products are installed on circuits supplied by discontinued /
no-longer-manufactured breakers?

Good Luck Allan!

Matt Lafferty
Universal Energies Institute