SW4024 Autostart [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 08:26:01 PDT 2003

Help!
  I am suddenly getting numerous calls on generator autostart problems with
the SW4024 with the new software fix "SW Series".  I'm not sure if the problems
are related but I never saw them til the new software rev arrived.  I have 3
separate installations, 2 of which have problems with the autostart not
responding to the voltage threshold startup.  The generator is not the problem.  No
error messages and when we reset the autostart 15 min threshold above current
battery voltage, it starts in 15 min as expected.  The other problem is
arbitrary frequent middle of the night startups when the batteries are up.  Two of
these same 3 systems have exhibited this problem, one also having the first
problem listed and the other only this problem.  Every time we do a site check,
we can find nothing wrong.  Has anyone seen these problems?

I am about to make a two hour road trip which I expect to find no obvious
problem. Two of the above systems are generator only systems. The third has a
substantial solar array so they may also have the autostart problem but we
haven't seen it as they haven't needed the generator input..

John Blittersdorf
Central Vermont Solar and Wind.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm