McGraw Edison Ni-Cads (KOH electrolyte) [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Tue Jul 1 15:47:26 PDT 2003

John Berdner wrote:
> I have never done that myself but I know the guys at Home Power played
> with Edison cells a few years back. Perhaps one of them will chime in.

I think it was actually was Dave Katz (AEE) who messed with them a few
years ago - he was getting them from Hungary I believe. I have also
heard of them coming from Russia and China.

The other challege with NiFe batteries is that the end of charge voltage
is very high - which works okay with the OutBack products but not all
inverters and controllers.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com