net metering for South Carolina [RE-wrenches]

Daryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 04:43:03 PDT 2003

Here are a few thoughts:
What size system should be allowed to net meter? Here
in MN we have a 40 kW maximum system size.

What happens to the excess power over net zero? (net
zero is when you expect a check back from the power
company, you produce as much as you use is net zero.)
Some places pay only avoided cost, which is
interpreted as wholesale or below.  In Minnesota we
have net billing to zero and anything greater than
zero is paid at average retail for the company.

Another aspect of this question is over what billing
period or time period?  You would like the longest
period, to use only a month or to net over a year. If
one month is chosen then in winter months you would be
paying retail for your balance and in the summer you
would get paid what ever the over net zero rate.  A
one year period is net billing at your retail rate
over the amount you generate for the year.

Darryl

http://sbc.yahoo.com

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com