Design efficiencies (was: cost per kWh) [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Mon Jun 2 14:45:32 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
I talked to Ralph the other day about that very issue. I had been using 94%
for battery efficiency too based on the Trimet info. But Ralph explained to
me that that was amphours only and did NOT include the fact that charging
voltage will always be higher than discharge voltage. As Don noted, we need
to use KWH efficiency in our designs. Ralph said that 94 to 97 number was
for programming his meter only and that we shouldn't be using it for other
calculations.
Boy you and I have certainly been thinking in stereo over the past few
years without even knowing it.

Ray

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm