Fw: Interesting installation [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Mon Apr 21 18:01:47 PDT 2003

William,

Your example of their parking shade is not a valid reflection of their
current program. That system was installed with looks as the primary design
criteria. They have been raked about the performance of the system by me and
others. That is one of the reasons they have so many checks and balances
now.

Since it is there money, however, they will continue to do building
integrated (BIPV) projects--many of which will have fairly poor output
because of the compromises that must be made with BIPV projects. They do it
for the aesthetics and the exposure for the technology. It is defended by
the fact that we build all kinds of artistic sculptures that you or I may
find uneconomic, but we do it for artistic reasons.

Bill.