Grid-Tie Stumper (for me) [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon Apr 14 07:35:41 PDT 2003

Actually, it might register in both directions but counts up no matter what.
 That's what my utility has told me about their new meters.  That's a built
in feature that keeps people from turning their meter upside down to reduce
their electric bill.  Yes, in the Ozarks people are knows to remove their
meter and reinstall them upside down to to make it count backwards.  A few
days (or hours) before the meter reader shows up they reverse it.  Oh, some
of the stories I could tell (like climbing poles to tap steal power but not
knowing enough that they are tapping the wrong side of the transformer...
7000+ volts and living to tell about it)

So maybe it's counting every kWh it sees as a kWh purchased.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services
----------
>From: Jeff Clearwater <clrwater at earthlink.net>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: Re: Grid-Tie Stumper (for me) [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Mon, Apr 14, 2003, 9:11 AM
>

>Hey Mo,

  Maybe the disk spins backwards
>but the new electronic counters don't register that direction?

>Best!
>
>Jeff
>--

- - - -