Camera [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 30 14:45:21 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
Hi Jay,

I absolutely love my Fuji FinePix 3800.  3 MPixels, 6X optical zoom
and as much digital as 3MP gives you (8x+), movie mode, XDCard
memory(super small and solid - supposed to replace smartcard as the
best format (according to the Circuit City salesguy).  Has manual and
automatic controls on flash and exposure.

I did shop around alot. Best buy for that much optical zoom which is
great for pulling great solar shots off of far away roofs, I even do
my wind generator look-overs with it.  In 3 MP mode I can see if the
Whisper furling mechanism is working right and examine the leading
edges of my props!

Camera with extra memory cost me about $450.

And it has good software that supports both PC and Mac.

Best of luck,

Jeff C.

>Hi Jay,  I using a Minolta DiMage X.
>It has, flash, comes with rechargable lithium battery and 8 meg memory card.
>It is 3-1/2"x 3"x 3/4". I wear it most of the time in a belt holster.
>With more memory it will record movies.
>It focuses from 8" to infinity, and has  3x +(4x digital) = 12x zoom.
>I use it as a photocopier, for copying plans and doc's with
>signatures as well as jobsite documentation.
>It hooks into my PC with a USB cable, and shows up as an external
>drive on My Computer.
>I use it as a floppy drive, and also has voice memo recording.
>It is $450 at Fry's, I got mine on eBay for $250 new. Other sites
>have a similar price.
>The newer models have more mega pixles, which are of no use to me.
>I have had and worked with several digital cameras over the last few
>years, and this one is the best value / feature in a compact camera.
>I know this sounds like an ad,  but I shopped around a lot, and this
>one is right for me.
>
>cul  deant
>
>>PS I'm looking to get a digital camera.  I use PC computers, and don't want
>>to spend a fortune.  I'm looking for it so I can take pics of job sites so I
>>can plan  better and don't have to remember everything for when I return to
>>do the job.
>>Any ideas or recommendations.
>>
>>Thanks

Jeff Clearwater
Ecovillage Design Associates - Whole Systems Design
Community and Village Scale Renewable Energy & Water Systems

Cell: 720-480-8455
Office:  866-480-8455
Fax:  720-528-7813
jeffc at ic.org

85 Baker Road
Shutesbury, MA 01072

PO Box 764
Boonville, CA  95415

Council Member - Ecovillage Network of the Americas - http://www.ecovillage.org
Advisory Board - Living Routes - Ecovillage Education -
http://www.livingroutes.org
Founder:  Ecovillage Research, Development, and Demonstration Program:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~clrwater/RDD/rdd.html

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com