MC connectors, warranties and PV system life [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 1 17:08:56 PST 2003

Robert,
I've heard good things from European installers about Multi-Contact. MC
connectors for module interconnects and string connectors to combiner boxes
are becoming standard in the U.S. on larger jobs because of the labor
savings although metal conduit definitely has its place. DC disconnects are
required on the roof of rooftop commercial PV jobs, but may be at the
inverter on residential installations. I don't like exposed wiring where
people can grab the wire or anywhere around schools, even on so-called
inaccessible rooftops. I also hate to lose a job because I bid high with
conduit and someone else bid lower with quick-connects. Also, module
interconnects can provide a path for rain, moisture and condensation to
enter the module j-box even when water-tight fittings are used so j-box weep
holes may be required on some jobs.
Best regards,
Joel Davidson

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com