Top Down logistics [RE-wrenches]

Mo Rousso mrousso at heliopower.com
Fri Jan 31 18:40:31 PST 2003

We¹ve used both the UniRac Solar Mounts (that¹s my crew on the cover of
their new catalog :)) and the Tile Trac systems.  We prefer the Tile Tracs,
although in all fairness to UniRac, we have not tried their latest version.

We use MC connectors and tie wrap them to the underside using UV proof
materials.  Once we get out from under the panels, we immediately go into a
j-box and conduit, just as anyone else would use.

The MC connectors have proved to be pretty solid.  We have had a number of
high wind events over the past couple of years and I have yet to lose a
connection.  It is important, though, not to let the conductor lay on the
roof due to abrading the insulation against the comp or tile.

The ultimate test for me, though, will come next week.  I will be installing
a 20 panel array using MCs for Scripps Oceanographic on a cliff top.  This
cliff is on a small island off of the coast of Mexico and is constantly
swept with wind and ocean spray.  I¹ll keep you posted on how the MCs hold
up.

Mo
--
Mo Rousso