Kohler 8.5 [RE-wrenches]

Hugh Piggott hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 00:22:32 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
At 11:44 PM -0500 7/1/03, John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind wrote:

>    Which brings up another odd situation I had.  A Honda 5000 watt generator
>feeding a DR1524 suddenly started kicking the ground fault breaker on the
>generator after working fine for months.  I had not broken the ground/neutral
>in that generator and had not grounded the generator.

The system neutral should only be grounded at one point in the
system.  If it is grounded at the generator as well as the inverter
(say) then current will flow in the grounding conductor between the
two points.  This will trip any ground fault interrupt which you fit
between the two.
--
Hugh

An unprovoked attack by one nation on a another nation is terrorism.
'Liberation' applies only with consent of the liberated parties, and
with respect for innocent lives (of whatever race).
hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com