Bureaucracy [RE-wre [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Mon Jan 6 15:07:24 PST 2003

Joel,

A few months ago I spent about 45 minutes riding in a car with David
Freeman, Chairman of the California Power Authority, as well as Pat
Redgate and Matt Lafferty.  When I initiated discussion regarding the
negative impact of prevailing wages on the PV industry Mr. Freeman’s
response was something like this: You live in a labor State, which also
subsidizes your industry, so quit wining and feel glad that the unions
are interested in PV because they will take it to the next level.  Mr.
Freeman did mention that there should be an exception made for
prevailing wage requirements for “mom and pop” sized companies, such as
mine.  I need an exception whether it is structured on the cost/or size
of each PV installation or based on annual gross sales.

Graham

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm