Edison Fees [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty pvpro at attbi.com
Sat Jan 4 09:41:16 PST 2003

Wrenches:

Graham wrote:  > I am going to install utility-grade
> meters on all of my up coming PV systems.
> Do you see any problem with placing the meter next to the inverter(s) as
> opposed to placing the meter adjacent to the electric panel

I am soundly in favor of a Customer Owned production meter.  As a Customer
Owned piece of equipment, it can indeed be adjacent the Inverter...No matter
where it is on the property.....Well, I wouldn't lay them on their backs on
a roof, but just about anywhere else.

Think about it....  Meter Reader comes along.  Reads two meters or neither
or reports "meter at this location is not in my little machine thingy here".
The end result is that a supervisor will be sent out, the Customer will be
further confused and inconvenienced which will result in phone call to
you.....etc. etc. etc.

If suitable for the installation, I would not install a Customer Owned
Production Meter near or within site of the Customer Revenue Meter.  No need
to and why invite the potential for problems?

Praying for the fog to lift.....

-Matt Lafferty
pvpro at attbi.com

- - - -