Edison Fees [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Sat Jan 4 09:18:46 PST 2003

Bill,

I just wanted to let you know that I am going to install utility-grade
meters on all of my up coming PV systems.  I believe customers should
know how much power their PV system produces over the lifetime of the
system, and relying on inverter monitoring is unacceptable since this
info will be lost if and when the inverter(s) needs replacement. Do you
see any problem with placing the meter next to the inverter(s) as
opposed to placing the meter adjacent to the electric panel, where most
installers put them?  I know that I sound like a bitter cynical person
sometimes and upon reflecting over 2002 I think it was the LADWP lockout
experience, which caused this.  It was the first time in 21 years I had
to deal with angry screaming customers with a problem I couldn’t remedy.

Graham

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm