Edison Fees [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Wed Jan 1 00:30:00 PST 2003

That is in direct violation of the California net metering law. Someone
should take that issue to the PUC and force them into compliance.

I had to do that with our utility up here on the other end of the state. They
(Pacificorpse) were charging $500.00 for a special digital meter that
recorded buy and sell totals which is pointless since it is net metered and
also illegal since the analog ones are fully capable of bi-directional
metering. Since they were such ass holes about complying until magically
after about 8 months of hassle, when the PUC brought litigation on my behalf,
I demanded and collected $3500.00 for my efforts. I thought it was a fitting
"stupidity fee" since $$ seems to be the only thing that makes bean counters
take notice. It is amazing what litigation will do to get corporations to
comply, although it is a shame it took that to get them to do what is
mandated of them. I am happy we have a PUC. I understand some states do not.

If someone wants to take that San Diego Gas and Electric issue on, contact me
off list for helpful contacts and information on how to do it.

Todd

Mo Rousso wrote:

> To add to the discussion...
>
> San Diego Gas and Electric has a minimum monthly interconnection fee that
> they charge.  It is 1 kWh/day, or $0.17/day.  It has been part of their
> interconnect contract language for about the past two years.
>
> Happy New Year,
> Mo

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com