Galvy in Concrete [RE-wrenches]

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 07:28:53 PST 2003

I haven't had occasion to run conduit in concrete
myself, but I have sunk 8" schedule 40 galvanized pipe
for top of pole mounts.

We recently picked up a project that a general
contractor had started and then decided they wanted us
to finish.  They had done all the hard work - conduit
runs, sank steel poles, concrete & rebar etc. and just
wanted us to mount the modules and wire the batteries
and inverter power panel.

They stubbed 1 1/4" rigid metallic conduit up through
the same concrete that the 8" sched 40 poles were in.
The 1 1/4" conduit had pvc 2 mil tape wrapped around
it.  The 8" schedule 40 did not.  I have observed this
practice, but don't fully understand it either.

Jerry Caldwell

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com