flooded v. sealed batteries [RE-wrenches]

Richard Perez, Home Power magazine richard.perez at homepower.com
Mon Sep 29 09:38:23 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Hello Jeff and Wrenches

I personally like the Surrettes. We have two batteries (one 12 VDC at
1640 A-h and the other 24 VDC at 1640 A-h) made up of their 820 A-h
cells. The 12 Volter is over eight years old and doing just fine. The
24 Volter is only one year old. I particularly like their "case in a
case" design as the tops stay clean--we've never had to clean
corrosion for any of their connections.

Richard

At 22:49 -0400 09/28/2003, Jeff Clearwater wrote:
>Hi Wrenchies,
>
>I haven't heard anyone chime in for Surrette's 25 line -  the big 6
>and 8 volters.  I have one set of 8 volters in the field and they
>are going strong but it's only been 5 years.  I like the size - a
>good compromise between L16s which seem to die to early and
>batteries that require fork lifts to just bring them in.
>
>Others experience with the surrettes?
>
>Jeff C.
>Village Power Design

- - - -