Piezo gas stoves [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Sep 19 12:14:13 PDT 2003

I gave up selling Peerless stoves to my off-grid clients a few years
back because they just seem so "delicate"; lots of complaints and
problems with burners, thermostats and finish. Everything about them
appears to be made to the lowest possible dimension to do the job. I've
been recommending using reconditioned vintage stoves, such as O Keefe
and Merrit, Chambers and almost anything else made before 1960. I have
the users turn off the pilots and use matches. Most all of these older
units are adjustable for propane or natural gas with no modifications
and do a better job of cooking than most new stoves.
Besides, do you really want to be in the stove business?

Matt T