Need help selecting an inverter [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Sep 8 18:50:26 PDT 2003

Charlie Robb wrote:
> Also, have you ever wanted to be able to remotely reset equipment? I
> have had great results with "phoneswitches" which plug into a mains
> socket and can be used to turn on or off a domestic appliance, or in my
> case, temperamental wind turbine. Again less than £100.

I forgot to mention that all the OutBack FX inverters also have a remote
on-off switch terminal that can be connected to one of these "phone
switches" to allow remote control and resetting of the inverter system.

We once used one of these to allow a customer to control a radiant
heating system in his house at Lake Tahoe from his office in SF.  The
system needed at least 24 hours to get the house up to temp.  He liked
it most because he often would forget to turn it off when he left on
Sunday night and could call the next day and shut it off.

Pretty nice...

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com