Induction motor on Trace DR series [RE-wrenches]

Daryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 05:41:27 PDT 2003

Hello
I have had success however I find that even a 1/3 hp
induction motor can cause overload and trip if the
start up load is very high. I would guess the pump is
easy to start, but you never know because it is a
positive displacment pump.  good luck
Daryl

--- "Mr. Sharkey" <sharkey at eugeneweb.com> wrote:
> Wrenches;
>
> ask some inverter/motor advice about a project that
> I'm involved in currently.
>

> The motor is a ½ HP, 1725 RPM, explosion-proof,
> sealed unit with an
> integral on-off switch. It drives, through
> fractional-horsepower belt, a
> multi-piston delivery pump. Output of the pump is
> delivered to the
> calibrated meter, and then to the fuel filter and
> delivery hose.
>
> The inverter in question is a Trace DR1512, NOS

 type of performance I can expect from the motor with
> the DR series
> inverter, being that it supplies modified square
> wave power?
>
> -Sharkey

http://sbc.yahoo.com

- - - -