Water Miser Caps venting water [RE-wrenches]

Don Loweburg, Offline i2p at aol.com
Wed Jun 4 08:48:43 PDT 2003

In a message dated 06/04/2003 7:14:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
windy at dankoffsolar.com writes:

> They should be
> filled only to the bottom of the filler neck that protrudes down from
> the top (that's typically about 3/4" down from the top).

Actually I like to hold back the level an additional 1/4". Give it some room!
I have discovered often customers are overfilling leading to messy battery
scenes.
A note on Hydro caps. Properly working they are a closed system, hence no
fluid should be leaking out. Be sure they are actually working (temperature rise
is the best way). If they stop functioning (and they do). they can build
pressure to the point of blowing tops off of batteries. They do not last forever
and require maintenance. In attention could have bad consequences.

Don

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com