Fw: Update on NABCEP certification: WAKE UP !!!! people. [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Tue Jun 3 16:05:33 PDT 2003

Matt,

I was also surprised to hear about a proposed 15% increased incentive
for NABCEP installers.  I sure hope I pass the test!!!

I am wondering if the 15% NABCEP incentive is a bonus incentive on top
of current incentives or will there actually be a 15% decrease or
penalty for those who choose not to take, are unaware of, or fail the
test?

I have often heard it said that NABCEP certified installers will be able
to distinguish themselves as being more competent than non-certified
installers, and how this may help makes sales easier.  Now I am
wondering if NABCEP certified installers would have to compete for
customers with those who are on the NABCEP Board and helped write the
test.  They can present themselves as being the most qualified of all.
Non-compensated volunteer work on the NABCEP board now could provide
valuable benefits for board members once the program is functional.

I am also wondering if there are measures in place to stop a NABCEP
certified contractor from sub-contracting and out-sourcing
installations, while focusing on mass marketing of systems sold by a
NABCEP Certified Company?

Graham Owen
GO Solar

- - - -