Marketing Issue [RE-wrenches]

Brad Bassett bsbassett at earthlink.net
Sat May 17 18:36:28 PDT 2003

Joel,

I will buy the water heater through my account at the plumbing
wholesaler, which I have from doing solar hot water installs. So in this
case I'm closer to being an installer than a home owner. It just happens
to be for my own home. My other choice would be to try to find a quality
radiant floor designer/ installer and pay him his going rate. If I were
less capable, or found an installer that I thought would do a much
better job, I'd go this route.

There have been many times that I have chosen a more expensive
contractor or product over a less expensive one, or doing it myself,
because of percieved value, or just because I like working with the
person more. I paid a premium for our septic system for those reasons,
and he helped me choose the most energy efficient pumping system, how
many septic installers do you know that will do that!?

Brad

Joel Davidson wrote:
Brad,

> You are a good example of a smart shopper looking for a good deal. What
> did
> you decide to do about your boiler or water heater and why?

Brad Bassett
RWE Schott Solar
Tumwater, WA office
bsbassett at earthlink.net