Marketing Issue [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Sat May 17 16:55:26 PDT 2003

One other thing that seems to complicate these scenarios where a
customer
purchases gear from someone other than the installer is how do warranty
issues
get covered? I would guess the discount warewhores won't be driving out
to the
customer's home to diagnose problems, box and ship parts back, and show
up again
to install them. It would be difficult to know what problems would be
the
material seller or installers responsibility. I agree that installing
equipment
not purchased through the designer/ installer is a big can of worms.

Todd

"Roy Butler, Four Winds RE" wrote:

>  I would cheerfully install for him if he got the owner or
> sales person from the discount retailer to agree to the following:
> 1- That they come to the customer's home evenings and weekends to
> discuss system design
> 2- That they remain on call for questions or system glitches 24/7
> 3- That they would provide continuing on-site system education and
> customer support, preferrably by someone who uses these components in
> their own home (I've been off-grid for 6+ years).

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com