Fw: Interesting installation [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Mon Apr 21 10:45:40 PDT 2003

Hi Bill,

There are two aspects to your original message.

1. The panels in the wrong direction.

I stand by my position that you cannot regulate stupidity.

2. There were real problems with the actual electrical wiring.

This is a inspection problem.  ( As well as poor quality installation)

I don't understand why the CEC should be paying for the inspection?  I don't
think that Sierra Pacific pays the county to do the rough in inspection?

Yes inspections cost money and I believe that is what the customer is paying
for when they get a permit?  That the governing body will oversee the
building process to make sure that it is done correctly.  If this is no
longer the case then I suppose there are other questions and problems that
don't need to be gone into here.

Can you give me some examples of other manufactures who  "were more closely
tied to their  installations (as they should be) they would help insure that
their products
are installed properly and working as designed"?

So maybe you can clear this up.

Thanks,
jay

- - - -