pole mount 150 watt modules [RE-wrenches]

Tom Simko tom at skylinesolar.com
Tue Feb 25 07:12:31 PST 2003

  Basic welding and pipefitting skills could have saved some bucks, 2
lengths of pipe would have done the whole project, with just 6' of "scrap".
The savings in pipe would have more then paid for hiring a guy with the
needed skills. Strength on a properly welded pipe joint is not an issue.
Also, when working with larger O.D. pipe check at any local steel scrapyards
for huge savings over buying new. My own pole mount is 24" O.D. 40' wide and
20' high, and the steel cost 50 bucks at a scrap yard.

Tom Simko
Skyline Solar

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm