Outback FX beta (Was lemmings) [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sun Feb 9 18:11:27 PST 2003

As planned, on Saturday we replaced the main control board and installed the
low-idle kit (which I believe is standard on production units) in the beta
FX2024. All went without a hitch, and worked as expected upon completion. A
few observations:
1. The design structure of allowing in-field internal component replacement
and upgrade is a major improvement over existing inverters, which must be
replaced and/or sent out for service/upgrades. This on-site approach, an
"authorized servicing installer" training program, and a small stock of
replacement parts will make our work much easier, imho.
2. The supplied instructions were clear. They were also funny at times,
which was welcome.
3. For the first time, we will need to carry some metric tools--hex keys,
sockets, etc.--and a few simple specialized tools. A benchtop power supply
is useful, too. Plan accordingly.
4. Plan to use the AC conduit box accessory. This beta unit doesn't have it,
and disconnecting/reconnecting AC wiring without it is pretty tight.
5. With the low-idle option installed, we measured idle current at .6A @25.5
VDC, or about 15 watts.

Allan @Positive E