Outback FX beta (Was lemmings) [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Feb 10 14:36:29 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
Alan,
I've done a few FX upgrades myself. Here's what I've found.
1)Buy a 4MM T handle Bondhus allen wrench with about a 6" length.
That is all the "special" tools you need. BTW, this is also the
perfect tool for replacing ES&D nozzles for you hydro guys. Yeah, the
DC cable studs are 13mm, but the 1/2" box wrench in my already too
heavy tool belt works just fine.
2)Definitely take the machine off the wall and set it flat to work
on. Life is short. It's less than 60 lbs, so this is not much of a
hassle.
3)It's pretty easy to mash the ribbon cable which connects the ac
board to the FET board between the case halves. Spare yourself the
grief by taping it to the relay on the ac board.
4) If you buy the FXA kit, you get the ac box and the DC cable covers
you need to be NEC OK all in one heap at a discount over buying the
individual pieces.
This thing is an offgrid installer's dream. Not too heavy to hold and
screw up at the same time and just one service call needed to fix it
should you get a rotter. Oh yeah....
Best, bob-O

--
Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection