lemmings [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Feb 5 19:58:24 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kirk Herander, VSE" <kirk at vtsolar.com>

FX Beta testers out there, please
> feel free to try to convince me otherwise.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, but here's a few of our
observations:

We have a 2024 beta unit in an employee's offgrid home that works quite well
so far. It's been in a month. The waveform is consistent and clean on a
hand-held scope.

We reported a noncritical glitch in the Mate; they already knew about it and
had shipped a replacement.

This unit had the "power mizer" mode. It was difficult to set up and would
be hard to make work for a non-techie. By the time we contacted Outback,
this mode had been discontinued. They sent us the low-idle upgrade kit with
clear instructions.

Monday a new main control board arrived with the replacement Mate, without
instructions as to what it was supposed to be correcting.

All of these changes will be made on Saturday. We will report any
significant results here.

We haven't sold or installed any FX20XXes on customer systems yet. We are
pleased with the performance of the beta unit, given that it is beta and not
expecting it to be fully deglitched.

Allan at Positive Energy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com