MC connectors, warranties and PV system life [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 1 09:49:04 PST 2003

MC connectors have been used in Europe since 1990. Most PV people think MC
connectors will last as long at the PV module power warranty. Contractors
who install California rebate PV systems assume the risk for wire and
quick-connects through year five after which the customer is at risk. All
manufacturers of UL listed PV modules warrant materials and labor, including
factory installed diodes, wiring and connectors for one year. The extended
power warranty does not include parts and labor, but if a module produces no
power and the loss was not caused by the customer, then one would assume
that the manufacturer would be required to make up the lost power with
either more modules or replacement modules.
Best regards,
Joel Davidson
"Getting old is a drag, but it's better than the alternative."

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael_welch at sbcglobal.net