Well pumps and SWs [RE-wrenches]

Ken Hulet, Engineering Services Co. esco at revolutionearth.com
Thu Oct 16 15:11:29 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Thanks for previous comments.

The owner is going to change the well pump & motor.

Static water level is 160 feet. The well people, who have NEVER seen a
PV system made several proposals. And I know VERY little about well
pumps. Here's their ideas:

1. Variable speed constant pressure pump. Drawback as I understand it
is there is NO pressure switch to use to bring in the T240. The well
driller said it needs the 240V all the time for the sensor.  Any
suggestions on a method to only bring in the transformer when needed or
to make this work?

2. A 3/4 HP - 3 wire motor and 7 gpm pump. Does anyone have experience
STARTING a pump like this with a SW5548?

Any other suggestions?

Ken & Chris Hulet
Engineering Services Co.
P.O. Box 4