Pastvs.Present,Aeromax [RE-wrenches]

Tom Rentz sunwindconcepts at juno.com
Wed Jul 16 12:12:10 PDT 2003

Hello All,

I have read some correspondence from past postings and would like to relate my experience with Aeromax to separate the past (partial reported history) from the present. There were some wind generators a few years ago that were quite late in delivery, or not delivered, with refunds involved in some cases.

My experience first occured when I saw the quality of the turbine blades at various AE shows beginning in 1997. I have been involved in small scale wind energy development, use and deployment since 1975 and I was truly impressed with the quality of the turbine blades, being superior to any that I have seen. My impression was that if a manufacturer(new or old)was that concerned with blade quality they
must also be concerned with manufacturing an overall high-quality product. I was not acquainted with any of the principals in the venture, other than the representative I met at the shows and exhibits at that time.

I will state that it is not an easy row to start a manufacturing company from scratch, especially when you don't have big money behind you. Some mistakes were made. However, I believe the Aeromax experience today will be much different. It certainly has been for me.

We ordered one last year for evaluation purposes. It took a month, but We did receive our units. We were sufficiently impressed that we ordered 3 more. We received them in 5 weeks time. Next, 10 units were ordered (and received). We have also ordered towers arriving from China this week. We have been testing these and for the most part have found few disappointments and have found them exceedingly quiet with high performance. I am running our offices with a Lakota and two 100 W. Siemens panels. We are now mounting a demonstration unit on a flatbed trailer for demos and shows. We have a list of installed references for the Lakota.

We recently requested full distributor status and I have been working as a representative for Aeromax as well. I believe this to be a unique opportunity, especially in light of the new OB1 to be introduced very soon. Our factory in China is equipped to turn out 150 Lakotas per month currently, with anticipated expansion.

The carbon fiber turbine blades are warrantied for 7 years and the alternator/mechanical assembly for 5 years. I have units in stock and can guarantee reasonable delivery times for larger quantities, similar to those I have received.

Sincere Regards, Tom Rentz

http://sunwindconcepts.us
http://www.aeromaxenergy.com
aeromaxseattle at juno.com