NABCEP Update [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Tue Nov 19 18:06:39 PST 2002

<x-flowed>
Jeff,

>On some days I agree with it, and on some days I don't.

Jeez, I STILL feel that way too. Also about the NEC! I figure we
gotta take a shot here.

>But I'm pretty sure
>that if you and Don were not sitting on the board, and working for all of
>us, that I would not like it at all. You guys seem to be pushing the program
>in the right directions. If you're successful, I do believe there will be
>value there.

We live in hope.

>  We've just got to avoid that "very controlled and hard to break
>into" scenario for all we're worth. It will kill RE as a major industry
>faster than bad installs. Really.

I dunno about that. Mainstream RE is coming-has GOT to come.
Otherwise, what the hell are we doing? I believe it will come and be
a major industry whether we get to play or not. THAT, my friend, is
what we need to avoid like a sticker Bush. I see getting behind (and
in front of and next to) NABCEP as our best shot at keeping RE free
of onerous control. Did you know that certified Wrenches get to vote
one more of us to the BoD? If we have the numbers, we pick him/her.
If we screw off and let the other side rack up voters, we lose. We've
got the numbers now-no question. If enough of us get certified ASAP,
we keep the balance of power on the sunny side. It is our game to win
or lose. I can hardly believe I'm saying this kind of stuff.....and I
used to be a Hippy....
Bob-O

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com